Data Error Superior Charter TownshipLocal Weather Alerts
There was an error retrieving the National Weather Service alert data.


Absent voter ballots are available for all elections. They provide voters with a convenient method for casting a ballot when they are unable to attend the polls on election day.

As a registered voter, you may obtain an absent voter ballot if you are:

  • age 60 years old or older
  • unable to vote without assistance at the polls
  • expecting to be out of town on election day
  • in jail awaiting arraignment or trial
  • unable to attend the polls due to religious reasons
  • appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your precinct of residence

A person who registers to vote by mail must vote in person in the first election in which he or she participates. The restriction does not apply to overseas voters, voters who are disabled or voters who are 60 years of age or older. (Voting in person on one governmental level clears the restriction on the other levels. For example, if a voter subject to the restriction votes in person at a school election, the voter would be free to obtain an absentee ballot for the first state election in which he or she wishes to participate.)

If you meet the qualifications above you may apply for an Absent Voter Ballot. You may use a pre-printed form or send a letter or postcard requesting the AV Ballot. The law states that you must:

  1. Give the reason for needing the ballot
  2. State where you want the ballot sent
  3. Sign the request (must be an original signature)
  4. Date the request.

Voter Registration Forms

Absent Voter ApplicationAbsent Voter Application Spanish/EspanólAbsent Voter Application Large PrintMILITARY AND OVERSEAS VOTERS APPLICATION

Permanent Absent Voter

The Clerk’s Office will automatically send applications for an Absent Voter Ballot before each election to registered voters who are on the Permanent Absent Voter list.

If you wish to be on the Permanent Absent Voter list, please contact the Clerk’s Office – 734-482-6099 – or You must complete the application and return it to the Clerk’s Office for each election.

Military & Overseas Voters

There are special arrangements for voters (includes spouse and dependents) who are on active duty in the U.S. military, Merchant Marines and are absent from your township of residence by reason of active duty; or, are a civilian voter who is outside the U.S. and is eligible to vote in Michigan. If any of these circumstances apply to you, please click on Military and Overseas Voters for more information.

Send the request to:

Lynette Findley
Superior Township Clerk
3040 N. Prospect
Ypsilanti, MI 48198

Or, come into the Township Hall before the election and fill out an application and pick up an AV Ballot at the same time.

The Office is also open for Absent Voter Ballot requests on the Saturday preceding each election from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Absent voter ballots can be picked up by the voter in person anytime up to 4:00 p.m. on the day prior to the election.

You have until 8 p.m. on election day to complete the ballot and return it to the clerk’s office.