PARKS & RECREATION COMMISSION
The Parks & Recreation Commission oversees the planning and development of the City’s parks as well as coordinating Parks & Recreation activities for the Township. The Commission is an elected seven member board that serve a four year term, which coincides with the presidential election cycle.
The Parks & Recreation Commission meets on the 4th Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. unless the meeting date falls on a holiday. In that event the meeting will take place the following Tuesday. The Commission meets in the Old Township Hall at the corner of Prospect and Cherry Hill (3040 N. Prospect).
We at the Parks and Recreation Commission in Superior Township are committed to enrich the quality of life of our residents and future generations by providing the highest standard of excellence in public service. Preserving, improving and protecting our parks and valuable natural resources/green spaces achieves this goal. We also strive to create safe and enjoyable recreational opportunities and programs that promote a strong sense of community, increase social interaction, and improve the physical and mental well being of our residents.
The elected Parks & Recreation Commission members are:
- Chairperson – Marion Morris
- Vice Chair – Sandi Lopez
Secretary – Martha Kern-Boprie
- Commissioner – Paula Jefferson
Commissioner – Terry Lee Lansing
Commissioner – Bernedia Word
- Commissioner – Nahid Sanii-Yahyai
- January 23 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- February 27 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- March 27 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- April 24 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- May 22 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- June 17 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- June 24 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- June 26 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- July 24 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- August 28 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- September 25 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- October 23 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm